Sunday, May 9, 2010

California Here We Come!


In two weeks we are headed off for an adventure in California! We got accepted to do an internship in Solvang, California! Solvang is a small danish town outside of Santa Barbara! So we are not too far from the ocean. I am thinking of it as checking off another item on my bucket list!I have ALWAYS wanted to move to California so this our chance. We will be leaving in two weeks and will be in California for 3 months!
We were offered the internship last Wednesday, made a decision Thursday, put in our notices at our jobs on Friday, and found a renter for our condo on Saturday. It could not have worked out any better!!
We have really felt like we should go have an adventure and the most amazing thing is that everything has been leading us in that direction. I don't believe this is any coincidence.
We are so excited! I will be keeping up on my blog so that we can share our fun adventure with all of our friends and family! Yay! California here we come!

5 comments:

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

Yahoo! After you telling me the story the other day, I also don't believe it is a coincidence. I hope we can come visit you guys while you're there. We'll miss you guys! Can we have one more adventure before you leave?? Even a girl lunch?

Meggan Hansen said...

Love the blog. Good luck on your new adventure. Here's our blog if you want to add it: http://megganhansen.blogspot.com

Jordan & Whitney said...

Hey melissa! I am glad i found your blog. I cant believe you are moving to california! Sooooo jealous. Good luck!

Whitney said...

Hey Melissa!
My husband grew up near Solvang. That area is beautiful. We are going to be up that way throughout the summer. Send me your # and maybe we can get together. I would love to see you guys! My email is whitney.m.may@gmail.com

Megan Rice said...

Josh and Melissa!! We miss you guys! Keep us updated on your blog and hopefully the summer won't drag on without you! Check out our blog at www.tylerandmeganrice.blogspot.com